The Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM) is the National Organization representing Undergraduate Medical Education in Emergency Medicine. CDEM was formed in 2008, and became the first Academy of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM). CDEM is comprised of medical student educators who are committed to enhancing medical student education within our specialty.
- To advance the education of medical students as it pertains to the specialty of emergency and acute care medicine.
- To serve as a unified voice for EM clerkship directors and medical student educators on a national level.
- To provide a forum for EM clerkship directors and medical student educators to communicate, share ideas, and generate solutions to common problems.
- To foster undergraduate medical education research and provide a platform for collaboration.
- To foster the professional development and career satisfaction of EM clerkship directors and medical student educators.
- To foster relationships with other organizations to promote medical education.
- National Curriculum (Acad Emerg Med. 2010 Jun;17(6):638-43)
- This website based on Curriculum (Self Study Modules and DIEM cases)
- Pediatric and Third Year Curricula
- Voting member of Alliance for Clinical Education
- SAEM Tests
- Multiple collaborative projects with other institutions and organizations
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the CDEM Executive Committee is strictly prohibited. For inquiries, please contact the CDEM Chair via Melissa McMillian at MMcMillian@saem.org.