The Program Committee of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine invites proposals for didactic sessions for the 2018 SAEM Annual Meeting.
Didactics will be selected to provide a robust educational experience during SAEM18. All proposals should support the mission of SAEM: “To lead the advancement of emergency care through education and research, advocacy, and professional development in academic emergency medicine.” Didactics may have a broad or focused audience.
SAEM18 will place a premium on innovative and interactive didactic sessions. Accepted didactics will be roughly split between two didactic formats:
1) Focused session (20 minutes, generally 1 or 2 speakers)
• Appropriate for most didactic sessions
• Format requires a precise, well-honed presentation
2) Expanded session (50 minutes, generally multiple speakers)
Successful submissions will require significant interactivity and breadth of content such as:
• Panel discussion
• Lecture or seminar style
• Interactive workshop with small group facilitators
• Submitters should detail reasons for requesting this format during the submission.
Successful didactic proposals will represent state of the art in their content area.
1) Clinical topics should focus on cutting-edge research and its applications to patient care or future research directions.
2) Administrative proposals may focus on topics such as approaches to systems, quality improvement, staffing, and planning.
3) Medical education sessions can span from teaching skill develop to educational innovations and curricular design.
4) Research session proposals can focus on research methodology and tools as well as topics of interest to both the research or general EM community.
We also encourage our submitters to think creatively about content which they feel would have significant appeal to the SAEM membership, even if it is not represented in one of the categories above.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions