– An opportunity for involvement and a call for nominations –
Greetings and Happy New Year from the CDEM Awards Committee. The committee has both the honor and pleasure of recognizing medical student faculty educators from across the country for their dedication, innovation and achievement in undergraduate medical education. It is a great opportunity to get involved (we are looking for new members to join us) and to reward our colleagues for the work they do. The committee solicits nominations for four awards at the beginning of each calendar year to be presented at the annual CDEM business meeting each spring –
- CDEM Clerkship Director of the Year Award
- CDEM Young Educator of the Year Award
- CDEM Distinguished Educator Award
- CDEM Award for Innovation in Medical Education
For a description of each award, please go to CDEM Awards.
Please nominate yourself or someone you know!
Each nomination packet must include:
- Letter of Support from the nominator specifying which award the candidate is being nominated for, how the nominee fulfills the award criteria, the relationship of the letter writer to the nominee (self-nominations are welcome).
- Curriculum Vitae and/or Teaching Portfolio of the nominee.
- Nominations may also include other supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, teaching evaluations, letters of support from colleagues, supervisor or students, funded grant or project applications, and publications.
All applications and questions should be sent to CDEM@saem.org
Importantly the DEADLINE for submission is
David Cheng MD & Sarkis Kouyoumijian MD
CDEM Awards Committee Co-Chairs